What can HIAB hire trucks be used for?Posted on - 30.07.21
One of the latest services we offer here at D Price and Sons is HIAB hire trucks, but if you’ve never used one before you may be wondering how they can be utilised?
Don’t worry, for our latest blog, we will tell all the ways you can incorporate a HIAB into your processes to benefit your business.
Full utilising HIAB hire trucks
Our experienced crane operatives can lift and haul a number of heavy objects, using our HIAB lorry loaders, which include -
- Any size of containers
- Generators and compressors
- Industrial machinery
- Industrial materials
- Hot tubs
- Large kitchen equipment such as pizza ovens
- Movement of site accommodation
- Wheeled plant machinery
- Mobile homes/static caravans
What does HIAB stand for?
HIAB is actually a brand name that originated in Iceland, with the word commonly used in the haulage industry to describe a lorry-mounted crane or lorry loader. These vehicles are made up of a truck and crane within one vehicle, with their purpose being to help load and unload trucks by using the vehicle engine to power the hydraulics of the crane.
The best part of using a HIAB hire vehicle from D Price and Sons is that they can deliver goods to your site plus lift them on and off the truck, which is a task usually reserved for a mobile crane.
What are the benefits of HIAB’s?
- Unlike standard cranes, HIABs are not restricted by their location
- Most HIAB's can lift and move loads weighing up to 30 tonnes
- They are flexible and versatile enough to lift and move loads that are awkward shapes and sizes plus moving items in restricted spaces
- Enable you to transport an item to its destination and remove it from the vehicle all in one go, meaning you won't have to source a crane from elsewhere
- Able to be driven on public roads
Get in touch for more information
If you would like to hire one of our HIAB trucks, please do not hesitate to contact D Price & Sons today.